Choosing the best Compound Bow for Beginners
A Compound Bow is the modern version of a bow which uses strong elastic materials like cables to roll over the cams or wheels attached to the end of the limbs of the bow. The limbs, stabilizers, sights and quivers of a compound bow are called the riser of a bow. Aluminium and fiberglass are the most common materials used to make the central riser of a compound bow.
There are a few important things to be kept in mind while choosing a best compound bow. If you’re a beginner, you are not trained properly to handle all bows and the tension decreases as you get experienced.
- The axle to axle length should be adjustable so as to fit your body. But you must remember that the longer you can pull back the strings of a bow, the faster will be the speed of the arrow after release. Therefore the draw length should be average for beginners, keeping in mind their height and the speed of the bow.
- A compound bow with a draw weight within 30-40 lbs. is perfect for a beginner, as it is comparatively light. Therefore the beginner gets used to the weight before moving on to a compound bow with a heavier draw weight.
- It should have an average speed because a beginner will find it difficult to handle a compound bow with slow speed and compound bows that are really fast are difficult to use even by experienced archers or hunters. Speed flattens trajectory and therefore slow speed compound bows should not be used.
- The compound bows should be made of light weight material like fiberglass as it gives you great flexibility keeping the weight low.
- The stability of the bow increases with increase in the length of the bow therefore a beginner should start with bigger bows.
A Primer On The Best Compound Bow Accessories
Archery is really an interesting sport that is not only fun, but it also improves concentration power. It is indeed one of the most productive arts to engage your grown up child into. It proves to be a great substitute for unproductive means of entertainment including video games, TV and gaming consoles. Nevertheless, whether you want a compound bow for engaging your child or you want to experience this great ancient art by yourself, there are numerous models of compound bows available that are manufactured by different makers. You can get hold of a superior and cost-effective compound bow by gaining some idea about the online customer reviews and by visiting good game equipment retail stores. Continue reading “Choosing the Compound Bow for Beginners” »