The world over, people are watching and waiting for the return of Washington Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos. The Nationals Nation is still here with you, brother. Hang in there.
No new real news to deliver this morning, but I wanted to pass along some info on the fan organic Wilson Ramos Candlelight Vigil that is supposed to take place tonight @6pm at Nationals Park:
- The vigil starts at 6pm outside the Park. Keep in mind that Navy Yard Metro WILL BE CLOSED due to maintenance. Plan your transportation accordingly. Carpooling, biking in, walking, etc. all recommended.
- Free shuttle bus service will operate between the L’Enfant Plaza and Southern Avenue stations to closed Metro stations.
- No parking restrictions Friday. That means no tickets.
- It will be held outside the Center Field Gate.
- It is expected to last 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm.
- Bring candles, signs, etc.
- Solidarity by wearing Ramos/Nats gear would be sweet, but not necessary.
- Dress warmly.
- There will be an introduction and then people will be given a chance to say a few words. There will be a moment of silence and then people will be able to leave signs and other gestures.
- This is a completely fan organized event. The Washington Nationals have nothing to do with it. Everyone is expected to be respectful of the team’s wishes if the vigil is asked to leave the area. (Personally, I see no reason why the team should shun such an outpouring of Nationals fan support, but this needs to be mentioned just in case.)
We’ll post more info if it becomes available.
This is a vigil completely made by the fans, for the fans and for the Ramos Family. It isn’t completely organized or has a set itinerary (yet), but that is okay. These grassroots things sort of come together by themselves which makes them true and real. It really is a beautiful thing and we hope a lot of people come out for this event.
Hopefully by 6pm tonight it will go from a vigil to a celebration of Ramos’ safe return. Who knows?
I can’t make it myself due to being out in the wilderness, but I am sending my dark apprentice to be there for photos and stories so check back tonight and we’ll have some stuff for you. For more info, go on Twitter and check out the #vigilforramos hashtag.
For those of us who will not be able to make it tonight, a Nats fan was nice enough to make a “candlelight video” for us.
(Photo Credit HERE.)